HighlightsHigh output Robust, self-supporting trough design Robust headstock for easy connection to all tractors Allow heavy seed drill combinations Equipped with Quick-Fit tines to reduce downtime
The Kverneland Foldable Power Harrow NG-S 101 F35 is the result of effective co-operation between cultivation and seeding experts to construct a “state of the art” strong and effective implement designed for tractors up to 400 hp. This power harrow is available in working widths of 4.5 to 6.0m.
The foldable power harrow has the same heavy-duty self-supporting trough design as used on the mounted models and is equipped with the same robust conical bearings and hardened gears. In order to give the NG-S 101 F35 the strongest design and to enable it to withstand the toughest of conditions the upper half of the trough as well as the trough base is made from 10 mm steel plate. The welded conical bearing housings give highest strength to the overall trough.
The proven trough design is taken from the rigid NG-S 101.
- The upper half of the trough is made from 10 mm steel plate. In order to give the NG-S 101 F35 the strongest design and to enable it to withstand the toughest of conditions, the trough base is also made from 10mm steel plate.
- The welded conical bearing housings give highest strength to the overall trough.
- The heavy duty tine carrier shafts are 60mm diameter with the conical bearings dimensioned large enough to cope with tough and stony conditions.
All models can be fitted with Standard and Active tines as well as with the proven Quick-Fit system to meet customer demand for efficiency.
The active tines ensure optimum penetration in hard or not cultivated soil. The tine, due to its shape, pulls itself into the ground. This gives a constant working depth and also prevents the machine from lifting out of the ground in hard dry soil conditions. In addition, it creates additional re-compaction at the packer roller. The active tine lifts the material and pushes it in front of the power harrow. This gives an optimum levelling effect even in tractor tracks. In mulch conditions the active tines can work directly into stubble and hard soil. The special shape of the tines keeps residues on the surface and this gives a big advantage against erosion.
Helical tine positioning
The tines are arranged in varying angle positions in order to prevent damage caused by stones and ensure even levelling. 4 rotors per meter and the helical tine positioning reduce the peak loads on the driveline which results in smoother running and less fuel consumption. All gears are hardened in the trough for a long lifetime.
The quick-fit tines for easy replacement and carbide tines for a longer lifetime and minimum wearing are available as an option.
- Kverneland Quick-fit tines are simply fixed to the tine holder by a pin and a clip. All tines can be quickly replaced without any tools
- Down time can be minimised by optional carbide layered Quick-Fit tines. These tines ensure a long lifetime and minimum wearing even in tough and abrasive soils.
Re-consolidation for a stable soil structure
Rollers ensure re-compaction of the soil as final step of the optimum seedbed preparation. By reducing soil porosity and limiting evaporation, all plants will have the same access to nutrients, moisture and light. This will give the crop a good start for a perfect growth and high yields.
The right rollers for all types of soil and conditions:
Actipack ø560mm – 205 kg/m
- For medium to heavy soils, also in wet, stony and sticky conditions due to the independent skids and knives
- The cutting discs break the larger clods whilst the adjustable knives cut the remaining clods resulting in optimal clod breakdown and fine seedbed preparation
Cracker Packer ø550mm – 200kg/m
- For medium to heavy soils
- Real stripe-wise reconsolidation (12.5cm) in front of seed coulters – only 50% of the soil surface is rolled
- Good absorption of water
- Sufficient soil left loose for covering of seeds
- Good crumbling effect especially on heavy soils
- Smooth rings and passive-angled knives – no blocking when used in mulch conditions
Actiline Roller ø550mm – 185 kg/m
- For light to medium and heavy soils
- Trapezoidal roller with relatively narrow crest width of 40mm
- Stripe-wise consolidation and V shape furrow in front of the CX-II seed coulter bar
- Supporting water holding capacity and oxygen exchange
- Good carrying capacity with full self-cleaning effect
- Crests support the constant drive of the roller and avoid slip in light or tough and wet conditions
- Two different ring distances of 12.5cm and 15cm
- Carbide-coated scrapers on request
Tooth Packer roller ø575mm – 160kg/m
- Medium to heavy soils
- Good carrying capacity
- Good self-cleaning effect
- Central adjustable scraper bar with independently adjustable scrapers
- Carbide coated scrapers on request
- Most versatile roller – especially as part of heavy power harrow/seed drill combination
Cage roller ø550mm – 90kg/m
- Light to medium soil and dry working conditions e.g. seed bed preparation for potato planting
- 10 bars for a good loading capacity and option in wet conditions