HighlightsAvailable with hydraulic spring adjustment NonStop BreakBack Above 90° vertical transport solution Centre suspension 540/1000 rpm gearbox
Centre Mounted Disc Mower
Kverneland 2800 M rear mounted range boast an extensive 2.80-4.00m working width with corresponding weights of only 805-1045kg, which means the machines can be operated with tractors starting from only 40hp, making these very attractive machines for farmers with smaller tractors, who still needs to cut substantial areas. Paired with the Kverneland 2828 F or 2832 F front mounted machine the joint working width is up to an amazing 6.80m.
This feature provides easy and simple setting of the ground pressure. For greater operator comfort, ground pressure of the large suspension spring is set hydraulically from the tractor cab. On the hydraulic version the tension on the large suspension spring, which controls the ground pressure, is adjusted hydraulically, to increase or lower pressure. The chosen ground pressure level is conveniently registered from the easy-to-read scale
- The mower is folded into a 125° vertical transport position using a hydraulic cylinder.
- The low gravity point during transport, with the weight of the mower close to the tractor, provides an excellent weight distribution.
- The tractor and mower remains well balanced, even during high speed road transport, and the machine is fixed during transport by the hydraulic lifting arm.
- In addition transport height is limited, so passing through narrow gateways or under bridges is not a problem.
- Another benefit is that the hydraulic cylinder also supports quick lifting of the mower from working to headland position.
- The machines also offer a large degree of operating adaptability, as they are factory fitted with the option of being operated with either 540 or 1000 rpm.
- It requires no additional accessory. All that is needed is simply to turn the main gearbox on the suspension 180°.
- The centre pivot suspension provides an even weight distribution of the 2500 H, 2836 M, 3224 MT and 3228 MT and a uniform ground pressure over the complete working width, ensuring good ground contour following.
- The mowing units are suspended in the centre of gravity. This design provides a constant, faster and more precise adaptation to ground contours.
- The benefit is less skid wear, optimum protection of the stubble and less fuel consupmtion.
- To offer maximum protection of the cutterbar, these machines are fitted with the well-known Kverneland BreakBack solution.
- When encountering an obstacle, the BreakBack will swing the machine backwards and over the obstacle, returning it to the original working position once the obstacle has been passed
- Kverneland uses round discs. Round discs are less susceptible to stone impact, and reduce shock loads in the transmission.
- Stones are expelled immediately, before they have any chance of becoming jammed. The benefits are lower repair and maintenance costs - at the same time as a clean and aggressive cut.
- The cutterbar has a high oil capacity, ensuring a very low working temperature. This ensures an efficient oil cooling and lubrication of the entire cutterbar.
- The long curved gear wheels running in oil provides a very quiet and reliable power transmission.
- The fully welded cutterbar gives a very stiff and strong design for high durability.
- With the ProFit quick knife change system, maintenance of the cutting ability is easy. The knives are changed by one simple operation using the special lever.
Optional parking stand for easy, compact storage.
Storage is made easy and convenient, requiring a minimum of space during winter storage.