HighlightsFast ground adaption with center suspension NonStop BreakBack to protect the mower Vertical transport for even weight distribution Optional hydraulic ground pressure adjustment Integrated parking foot for easy storage
Butterfly Disc Mower
Kverneland 5087 M – 5095 M mower is designed to match the needs of each specific mowing operation. The butterfly disc mower is an effective farming solution that allows for mowing extensive areas with even smaller tractors.
To meet all demands it is packed with features to help the farmer with convenience, efficiency and profitability. Best possible ground following ability is achieved via the optional hydraulic spring adjustment. Easy to set, even on the go. The center suspended mowing units, in combination with the round discs, offer unmatched mowing performance, outstanding cut and perfect protection.
The Kverneland cutterbar gives you a clean cut and reliable power transmission. Kverneland round discs have always been a known hallmark. The unique circular design means that a constant distance is kept between the outer edges of the discs. Stones are expelled immediately before risking blockage, which reduces shock loads on the transmission to an absolute minimum. This in turn improves durability and maintenance substantially.
The ability to fold the mower arms beyond 90 degrees gives an increased safety during transport. A low gravity point ensures excellent weight distribution, with the weight of the mower close to the tractor. The 5087 M and 5095 M mowers come standard with an integrated parking foot for easy and convenient parking, requiring a minimum of space during winter storage.
With the new parking device, storage of the Kverneland 5087 M - 5095 M mower is easy and convenient, requiring minimum space during winter storage. The Kverneland 5087 M - 5095 M are firmly parked on a strong and stable parking foot, bringing the total height below 4m.
- The mowing units are centre suspended offering an even weight distribution across the complete mower width.
- Faster and more precise adaptation to ground contours is also achieved due to the centre suspended design.
- The benefit is less skid wear and optimum protection of the stubble.
- When turning on headlands the hydraulic cylinder, which is also used when going into transport position, ensures ample clearance to the swath, so they remain undamaged.
- 5087 M mower can be adjusted for optimal operation according to different circumstances, such as field contours or working width of the front mounted mower.
- To ensure optimal overlap between front and rear units, the Kverneland mowing units can be mounted in two positions on the suspension arm.
- This also gives you an option of wider overlap in hilly conditions, lessening the need for SideShift equipment.
- The Kverneland 5087 M and 5095 M mowers are an eco-friendly, energy saving solution able to work on tractors with as little as 120 hp.
- The low weight of only 1360-1500kg, together with the ideal weight distribution that butterfly combinations offer, give the optimum combination of low power requirements, low weight and high efficiency.
- The highly responsive kinematics incorporated into the headstock design will intervene to protect the mower when encountering even the smallest obstacles during operation.
- To offer maximum protection and lessen the shock loads on the complete machine, the cutterbar will move backwards and up, letting any obstacle pass without risk of damage.
- Kverneland uses round discs. Round discs are less susceptible to stone impact, and reduce shock loads in the transmission.
- Stones are expelled immediately, before they have any chance of becoming jammed. The benefits are lower repair and maintenance costs - at the same time as a clean and aggressive cut.
- The cutterbar has a high oil capacity, ensuring a very low working temperature. This ensures an efficient oil cooling and lubrication of the entire cutterbar.
- The long curved gear wheels running in oil provides a very quiet and reliable power transmission.
- The fully welded cutterbar gives a very stiff and strong design for high durability.
- With the ProFit quick knife change system, maintenance of the cutting ability is easy. The knives are changed by one simple operation using the special lever.
This feature provides easy and simple setting of the ground pressure. For greater operator comfort, ground pressure of the large suspension spring is set hydraulically from the tractor cab. On the hydraulic version the tension on the large suspension spring, which controls the ground pressure, is adjusted hydraulically, to increase or lower pressure. The chosen ground pressure level is conveniently registered from the easy-to-read scale